Recipe by r_mess
First cousin to the Cheese Frenchee. Served at Kings Food Host in Omaha and Lincoln Nebraska in the 1960's. Now you can get them at Don and Millies in Omana and Lincoln. (Tuna only available during lent)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna (drained)
- 6 slices white bread
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- corn flake crumbs, crushed fine
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix tuna with just enough mayonnaise to keep it together.
- Lightly spread each piece of bread with mayonnaise. Make 3 sandwiches spreading tuna not quite to the edge of the bread.
- Cut the crusts off the sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich diagonally both ways, making 4 triangles.
- Combine egg, milk, flour and salt.
- Dip each triangle into egg mixture and then coat with the corn flake crumbs.
- Deep fry at 375 degrees until golden brown.