Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple and tasty tuna and potato cakes
- 4 large baked potatoes
- 2 (200 g) cans tuna
- 4 spring onions
- 1 large hard-boiled egg
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 fluid ounce milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch mixed herbs
- olive oil, for frying
- Cook the potatoes in the microwave until soft, remove the skin, then mash with the butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the egg and onions into small pieces and place in small bowl along with the tuna, lemon.
- Gradually add the mixture to the potatoes, stirring well.
- Next mix in the lemon juice, herbs and black pepper.
- Add the milk to the mixture, again stirring well.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- When cold, with your hands, shape the mixture into round cakes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying, then add the fishcakes and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Delicious eaten hot or cold.