Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Mom made this for us every Friday, (Can you guess why?). I loved it & still do!! It went a long way with 3 kids!! I'm 59 now & I still make this for my self now, but it was a regular when my children were growing up. Hope you enjoy it as much as I still do!!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk (ANY PERCENT IS FINE)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water (DRAINED)
- 1 (14 ounce) can peas (DRAINED)
- salt & pepper
- 4 -6 slices buttered toast
- This recipe can be doubled.
- Melt butter or margarine in sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add flour & cook for 1 minute, (so you won't have flour taste).
- Add milk & stir until thickened.
- Add drained tuna, peas, salt & pepper.
- And WA-LA, it's done!
- Serfve over buttered toast!
Thanks for the recipe! My mom often made this for us when I was a kid, and I found myself craving it tonight. Since I am trying to watch my fat intake, I left out the margarine and just added the flour mixed in with a small amount of water. I, too, found it a little thinner than what I'm used to, but that's fine. I just added a little more thickening. I had mine over crumbled Saltines. Thanks!
This was so amazingly simple to make. I cut the recipe in half, as my husband doesn't care much for tuna, I still used 1 can of tuna and it worked out perfect. I think if I made the full recipe I would actually double the tuna. Great recipe, thanks for sharing!!
I thickened mine a bit more than the recipe called for as that's how we like it best. We had with egg noodles and we all enjoyed it to the max! So delicious! Reminds me of my mom, as she always made it for us growing up and it just so happened to be one of my favorites! DH just about licked his plate. I had to grab it away from him. I swear he was gonna take a bite! :)