Recipe by trese 1
My Mom made this for us every Friday, (Can you guess why?). I loved it & still do!! It went a long way with 3 kids!! I'm 59 now & I still make this for my self now, but it was a regular when my children were growing up. Hope you enjoy it as much as I still do!!
Top Review by Ransomed by Fire
Thanks for the recipe! My mom often made this for us when I was a kid, and I found myself craving it tonight. Since I am trying to watch my fat intake, I left out the margarine and just added the flour mixed in with a small amount of water. I, too, found it a little thinner than what I'm used to, but that's fine. I just added a little more thickening. I had mine over crumbled Saltines. Thanks!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk (ANY PERCENT IS FINE)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water (DRAINED)
- 1 (14 ounce) can peas (DRAINED)
- salt & pepper
- 4 -6 slices buttered toast
Directions See How It's Made
- This recipe can be doubled.
- Melt butter or margarine in sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add flour & cook for 1 minute, (so you won't have flour taste).
- Add milk & stir until thickened.
- Add drained tuna, peas, salt & pepper.
- And WA-LA, it's done!
- Serfve over buttered toast!