Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great Friday night supper. The recipe is from an Italian friend whose family came from Abruzzi.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) canchunk tuna in vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 lb capellini (angel hair)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- freshly grated black pepper
- Saute onion and carrot in oil until just brown.
- Add tomatoes, parsely, and basil.
- Cook on low flame until vegetables are soft (30 minutes).
- Add tuna and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Drain, and add pasta to skillet, and coat with sauce.
- Serve with Parmesan, and fresh black pepper.