Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I was a child my Mom just used tuna packed in spring water mixed with a spoonful of Miracle Whip salad dressing, but when I became an adult my tastes changed. *Note: Cooking time: is toasting time.
- 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna (chunk light packed in spring water)
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip (Salad Dressing)
- 2 tablespoons sweet onions (minced)
- 8 teaspoons Miracle Whip
- 8 slices bread (toasted)
- 4 slices muenster cheese (sliced)
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce (shredded)
- 1 tomatoes (medium, sliced)
- 2 cups potato chips (optional)
- Drain water from cans of tuna.
- Mix tuna, 2-tablespoons of Miracle Whip and onions together and divide in quarters.
- Pair up the 8 slices of toast.
- Spread 1-teaspoon on each slice of toast.
- Build each sandwich with 1-slice of cheese, tuna mixture, 1/4 of the shredded lettuce, 1-2 slices of tomato and other slice of toast.
- Place two toothpicks to hold each sandwich together approximately 1" from two opposite corners.
- Cut sandwiches diagonally and serve with potato chips.
Delicious! Made this for DD and my lunch and I followed the directions (except for the tomato on DD sandwich...she doesn't like fresh tomatoes) and some slivered onions added. Definately one I will make again. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
This was great for lunch today! I made using mayo, instead of salad dressing because we prefer it! DH loved the muenster cheese and I loved the addition of the onions! I ate mine with the chips right in the sandwhich! :) Yum! made for Potluck Tag April 2010!
DH loves his tuna sandwiches 'dressed', plus he thought the addition of muenster quite a civilized touch. Me, I like 'nuttinonit'. Made for Potluck Tag.