I grew up in Provincetown MA and used to order the tuna fish sammie from a little cafe next to the New Art Cinema (where I worked as a teen). This recipe was inspired by that simple little sandwich with my own little twist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna fish
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet bread & butter pickle, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise (more or less to your taste)
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper relish
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pita pocket
- alfalfa mixed sprouts, handful to taste
- 1 leaf baby bibb lettuce
- cape cod potato chips, 1 handful (made in Hyannis, MA)
- 4 dashes Italian dressing
- 1Mix all ingredients together in tuna mix and refrigerate for 20 minutes while preparing the rest.
- 2Slice pita pocket in half and gently open. Place lettuce leaf inside pockets.
- 3Gently add chilled tuna mix.
- 4Top with alfalfa sprouts and a handful of crushed potato chips.
- 5Splash all with Italian dressing, to taste.
- 6Cross Commercial street and go behind the post office and enjoy your sammie on the beach!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Fish Sandwich from Provincetown
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.0
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 260.2 mg
- Sodium 1119.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 48.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: