Recipe by TMoney
I grew up in Provincetown MA and used to order the tuna fish sammie from a little cafe next to the New Art Cinema (where I worked as a teen). This recipe was inspired by that simple little sandwich with my own little twist.
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna fish
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sweet bread & butter pickle, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise (more or less to your taste)
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper relish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pita pocket
- alfalfa mixed sprouts, handful to taste
- 1 leaf baby bibb lettuce
- cape cod potato chips, 1 handful (made in Hyannis, MA)
- 4 dashes Italian dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together in tuna mix and refrigerate for 20 minutes while preparing the rest.
- Slice pita pocket in half and gently open. Place lettuce leaf inside pockets.
- Gently add chilled tuna mix.
- Top with alfalfa sprouts and a handful of crushed potato chips.
- Splash all with Italian dressing, to taste.
- Cross Commercial street and go behind the post office and enjoy your sammie on the beach!