Recipe by Studentchef
This is one of my favourite comfort foods, and is healthy too. It's usually gone within a day, and there seems to be plenty of it going around too.
Top Review by lazyme
Nice tuna salad. I had to use red pepper as I was out of green and omitted the olives for personal preference. This made a simple and tasty sandwich. Thanks Studentchef for a nice lunch. Made for Went to the Market Tag.
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna packed in oil
- 1 large celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (your favourite brand will do)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup olive, chopped
- 1 tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the pepper, celery and green onion in a blender or food processor, and grate finely.
- Add the Tuna fish and mayonnaise, and pulse twice.
- Add the seasonings and pulse two more times.
- Line the lettuce leaves on a medium sliced plate, and spoon the tuna fish mixture in the center.
- Cut the tomatoes into round slices and put it around the tuna fish. Sprinkle the chopped olives on the tomatoes.
- Conversely, you could makes this into a sandwich, using torn lettuce leaves. Leave out the tomatoes and the olives if desired. Makes for a filling mini-meal and for good leftovers.