Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favourite comfort foods, and is healthy too. It's usually gone within a day, and there seems to be plenty of it going around too.
- Put the pepper, celery and green onion in a blender or food processor, and grate finely.
- Add the Tuna fish and mayonnaise, and pulse twice.
- Add the seasonings and pulse two more times.
- Line the lettuce leaves on a medium sliced plate, and spoon the tuna fish mixture in the center.
- Cut the tomatoes into round slices and put it around the tuna fish. Sprinkle the chopped olives on the tomatoes.
- Conversely, you could makes this into a sandwich, using torn lettuce leaves. Leave out the tomatoes and the olives if desired. Makes for a filling mini-meal and for good leftovers.
Nice tuna salad. I had to use red pepper as I was out of green and omitted the olives for personal preference. This made a simple and tasty sandwich. Thanks Studentchef for a nice lunch. Made for Went to the Market Tag.
This was good. I was surprised by the nice flavour of the oregano and black olives in this. I made the mixture into little wraps of cos lettuce leaves chopping each ingredient small. But I left out the green pepper as a preference and used canned black olives for the olives. I would make these again trying a toothpick to keep them together and maybe add a squeeze of lemon.
Wonderful sandwich. I especially liked the addition of the black olives and oregano.