Recipe by omeomy #2
As a teenager I was making this but when I moved to Australia lots of recipes presented their own little challenges. MasterFoods makes a great pickle relish called Gherkin Relish and now I cannot imagine my Tuna Fish Salad without it. Good for lunch on crisp lettuce and even better the next day on sandwiches. Also makes a delicious Pasta salad when added to two cups of cooked shell or spiral macaroni. It is best stirred in when the mac is still hot, then chill.
Top Review by **Mandy**
Yum, yum, I made this to go on sandwiches, I used finely diced carrot instead of celery and only 1/2 cup mayo, very yummy, will keep this and try it in a pasta salad come summertime. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (185 g) can chunk tuna, drained and mashed
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellmans or Best or S & W)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 finely sliced scallions (green or spring onions)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon american mustard
- 2 tablespoons gherkin relish (pickle)
- salt and pepper