Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
As a teenager I was making this but when I moved to Australia lots of recipes presented their own little challenges. MasterFoods makes a great pickle relish called Gherkin Relish and now I cannot imagine my Tuna Fish Salad without it. Good for lunch on crisp lettuce and even better the next day on sandwiches. Also makes a delicious Pasta salad when added to two cups of cooked shell or spiral macaroni. It is best stirred in when the mac is still hot, then chill.
- 1 (185 g) can chunk tuna, drained and mashed
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellmans or Best or S & W)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 finely sliced scallions (green or spring onions)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon american mustard
- 2 tablespoons gherkin relish (pickle)
- salt and pepper
- Salt and pepper the chopped eggs.
- Using a fork combine all ingredients well.
- Place, covered, in refrigerator to chill.
Yum, yum, I made this to go on sandwiches, I used finely diced carrot instead of celery and only 1/2 cup mayo, very yummy, will keep this and try it in a pasta salad come summertime. Thanks for posting!
This is great, very similar to how I make my tuna salad except Ive never added egg or mustard. I only had 1/2 cup mayo (BF) and it was still wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
This is pretty much my idea of classic tuna salad. I love mustard in my tuna salad. Makes a great sandwich (as well as all the other ingredients). Thanx for reminding me of a great tuna salad.