Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Unmold and serve on lettuce leaves and garnish with tomato slices. From The High Fibre Cookbook for diabetics, by Mabel Cavaiani, R.D.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna fish (in water)
- 1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives or 2 tablespoons green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped welldrained pimiento
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- Drain tunafish well, break into bite sized pieces and refrigerate.
- Dissolve gelatin in water, refrigerate until slightly thickened, add tunafish, onion or chives,pimiento and celery and pour into 4 individual molds.
- Refrigerate until firm, using 1/4 of recipe per serving, about 1/2 cup.
- food Exchanges per serving- 2 lean meat, Low sodium diets, use as is.
- Low cholesterol diets, use as is.