Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
simple and quick
- 1 large onion
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large green pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 g tuna in water, drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh green chile
- 2 1⁄2 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- thinly slice the onion,red and green peppers,discarding tht seeds from the pepper.
- heat the oil in a karahi or wok and stirfry the cumin seeds for 2-3 minutes until they begin to spit and splutter.
- add the ground cumin,coriander,chilli powder and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.then add the garlic,onion and pepper.
- fry the vegetables,stirring from time to time,for 5-7 minutes until the onion has light browned.
- stir in the tuna,green chillies and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- add the garam masala and lime juice and cook the curry for further 3-4 minutes.
- serve warm with split pitta bread with cucumber raita.