1/1 Photo of Tuna Fish-Cheese Patties
Tuna patties are milder than salmon. And the flavor of the other ingredients shine through the tuna. Serve them on a plate with pan-fried potatoes and sliced tomatoes and avocados. Or in a toasted pita with lettuce, thin sliced tomatoes and a touch of mayo. Don't forget a handful of potato chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices bread, whole grain
- 2 tablespoons milk (or water)
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna, drained
- 3 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and minced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 egg, stirred
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (or other bread crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Into a small bowl, tear-up the bread and soak in 2 tbsp milk for a couple minutes. Set aside.
- 2In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix all ingredients together (except oil and Panko).
- 3If the mixture feels too wet, add Panko a tbsp at a time, until you can form soft balls.
- 4Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan.
- 5Form tuna mixture into patties and fry for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- 6Carefully flip the patties. Add more oil if necessary and brown the other side for 5 minutes.
- 7Drain on paper towels and serve after a 4 or 5 minute rest.
Browse Our Top Taste/Mood Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Taste/Mood Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Fish-Cheese Patties
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.0
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 163.8 mg
- Sodium 824.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 37.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: