Recipe by Chelle_DaysFlutterby
Why give up comfort foods when you can still have them dairy free?
Top Review by TheCookingChemist
Delicious! I was really wanting some comfort food, and this hit the spot. I doubled about everything, and added a half of a diced onion while sauteeing the mushrooms, then an extra 2 teaspoons of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, and a cup or two of sweet peas. I didn't have any chips, so I topped it with french onions. Wow, it sure was delish! Thanks for a marvelous dairy-free recipe!
- 12 ounces uncooked noodles (egg, bow ties, fettuccine as some examples)
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 5 large mushrooms, cleaned and sliced or 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 7 ounces tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 cup saltines or 1⁄4 cup potato chips, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in water until done.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Melt margarine in a small fry pan. Saute mushrooms.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in flour, make sure all flour is moistened by the margarine.
- Stir in broth and stir until no lumps.
- Return pan to heat, stirring until mixture has boiled for 2 minutes.
- Stir in Tuna, breaking it up as you do.
- Drain pasta and mix into sauce.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and top with crumbled crackers or potato chips.
- Bake until heated through and bubble around the edges, about 30 minutes.