1/1 Photo of Tuna Fish Casserole
Loyce Seth's Note:
This recipe was handed to my mother by her mother, from about a hundred years ago. I have over the years adapted it to my own tastes, and I personally believe that the cheese is the key. This is great favorite for when you are not well, and need something simple and light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup water or 3/4 cup milk, your choice
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni or 8 ounces shell macaroni
- 1 medium onion, chopped small pcs
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (optional)
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (your favorite) or 1 cup cheddar cheese (your favorite) or 1 cup swiss cheese (your favorite)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook macaroni according to package instructions.
- 3Then separately, simmer onion and celery together (I have quit using the celery altogether, myself).
- 4When onion is tender, add mushroom soup, with either half a can of water or milk (I use water).
- 5I have begun adding the drained tuna into this mixture at this point.
- 6When macaroni is ready, (approx 8- 10 minutes).
- 7Combine in casserole dish, with the soup mixture, and tuna if not already in soup mixture.
- 8Then stir in the shredded cheese.
- 9Layer on the top, the slices of American cheese, so that the entire top is covered.
- 10Bake in oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is nicely melted over the top.
- 11Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Fish Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.5
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.3 mg
- Sodium 1124.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 33.0 g