Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
A creamy and comfy dinner on chilly or cold nights. This is fast and economical. I offer credit to my mother-n-law who shared this recipe with me. SHE WAS THE GREATEST always willing to share her recipes, kindness and heart.
Top Review by Tina Madden
I have made this for aobut 20 years now exactly as your recipe calls for except i dont finish the cooking in the micorwave, i put it on a preheated 350 F oven for about 20 minutes. I also call it chicken surprise, surprise its not chicken. My # 3 daughter would cringe if i said it was tuna. Yes she ate it and still does and she asks mom is this "chicken surprise" Tina
- 10 -16 ounces egg noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can peas
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water
- 5 -6 ounces milk (1/2 of soup can)
- 1 teaspoon butter, pat
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles al dente as per package directions.
- Combine mushroom soup and milk in a 10 x 10 casserole dish ( or similar in size).
- Add in peas (drained).
- Add in tuna in water (drained).
- Mix gently as you do not want the tuna fish to mince. leave some chunks in there.
- Add in cooked noodles and blend well.
- Top with pat of butter.
- Microwave for 5 minute stir.
- Serve and enjoy.
- *** Prep time does not include time to get noodle water to boil.
- *** Can sizes vary, I generally use the standard size anywhere from 10-14 oz.