Recipe by ll.eaton_5498914
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns and tuna highlight this seafood croquette patty recipe the whole family will enjoy. Relatively inexpensive and easy to prepare.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans light tuna in olive oil, do not drain oil
- 1 cup crisp panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon soul food seasoning
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray large nonstick pan with cooking oil spray according to package directions.
- In a large mixing bowl, add together hash browns and tuna with olive oil. Mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, add panko bread crumbs and spice; mix and set aside.
- Lightly beat eggs in a small bowl.
- Add bread crumb mixture to tuna mixture in large bowl and gently stir until ingredients are incorporated.
- Add eggs and blend well.
- Form mixture into uniform, palm sized patties, about a quarter of an inch thick and a little over 3 inches in diameter.
- Cook patties uncovered over medium heat, turning occasionally to brown each side evenly until golden brown and center is done, approximately 7 to 10 minutes for each of the two batches of 6.
- Plate and serve immediately.