Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was originally made by my grandmother from Spain and my mum gave it to me. They are delicious!
- cooking spray (preferably olive oil)
- 185 g tuna (in oil)
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 2 (60 g) boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- 1 packet premade puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg (for egg wash)
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with cooking oil.
- Heat and add chopped onions.
- Cook until soft.
- Drain the tuna and add to onion.
- Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Chop up the boiled eggs and add to the tuna mixture followed by the tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Let it cool a little.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Prepare pastry by cutting out circles of about 8 cm.
- I usually use a tea cup, which is close enough.
- Place teaspoons of the mixture in the middle of the pastry and fold pastry in half to form a semi-circle, enclosing the tuna mixture.
- Pinch closed with your fingers or use a fork.
- Place on a greased oven tray, brush a little egg wash on each one and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
As soon as i read the recipe, i knew i had to try it. and i was right, they are delicious and dosn't take much effort. it went well with sour cream. thank you for sharing!