Prep 24 mins
Cook 0 mins
Full of texture and flavor.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne tube shaped pasta (uncooked)
- 1 (7 7/8 ounce) jarsolid white tuna packed in oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 fuji apple (sliced)
- 1 small fennel bulb, with stalks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain pasta over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup liquid, and rinse pasta in cold water, and drain.
- Drain tuna, reserving 2 tablespoons oil.
- Grate 2 teaspoons rind from lemon, and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice.
- Combine reserved oil, rind, and juice in a large bowl, and stir with a whisk.
- Add pasta to oil mixture tossing to coat.
- Fold in tuna, and apple. Remove fronds from fennel bulb, and finely chop fronds to measure 3 tablespoons.
- Remove and discard stalks. Thinly slice fennal bulb, stir fronds and sliced fennel into pasta mixture.
- Add reserved pasta liquid, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, tossing to coat pasta salad evenly.