Recipe by rickoholic83
Courtesy of Tyler Florence. Please note: I have made edits to this recipe and changed the servings to 4 to reflect the great suggestions made in the first 2 reviews.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans canned tuna, packed in water, drained
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (to taste)
- 4 cornichons, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 lemon, juice of
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (to taste)
- 2 everything bagels, sliced and toasted
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomatoes, sliced (vine-ripened)
- 1⁄2-1 seedless cucumber, sliced
- 4 leaves bibb lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin with the tuna salad. Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Take cut bagels and toast under a hot broiler until golden brown.
- While still hot, smear the cut side of each bagel with the cream cheese.
- Layer each half with red onion, tomato, cucumber and lettuce.
- Top with a scoop of the tuna salad and serve.