Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious concoction of tuna and Mexican tang. This treat is easy to make and will surprise even the most - I will never eat tuna - picky eater.
This tuna enchilada makes 20
- 20 corn tortillas
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sweet onion, diced... see more
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapenos, skins that are diced and the inner skin cleaned out
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cans tuna in water
- 28 ounces mild el pato enchilada sauce
- 7 3⁄4 ounces el pato tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tapitio hot sauce
- Combine sauces in bowl and set aside. Lay out tortillas and spread each with cream cheese and then layer onions, scallions, cheese, tuna, jalapeños, and cilantro over tortillas. (Will use two cups of cheese.) Place into 2 inch cake pan rolled up into even rows. Pour sauce over everything. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup of cheese over sauce. Bake for 30 mins at 350. Serve with rice or beans.