Recipe by Chef Treenie
I love seafood tacos and enchiladas. Cut this recipe out of a local newspaper. I didn't quite know what to expect at first, but these are really good.
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can tuna
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup diced green chilis
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tuna and combine with 1 cup cheese.
- Cook onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chiles, cumin, oregano, sugar and salt.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 cup sauce over bottom of a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- One at a time, soften tortillas by frying briefly in oil.
- Place equal amounts of tuna mixture on each tortilla, roll and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees 20 to 25 minutes.