1/1 Photo of Tuna Enchilada Casserole
Happy Harry #2's Note:
This is very filling, easy to prepare and inexpensive. It came from a cookbook that I got at a garage sale for 99 cents. It has no cover and is over 30yrs. old. I made this frequently when both my husband and I were at the university...and had two kids! Money was very tight and this recipe was a hit. I have updated to make a bit healthier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wrap tortillas in a slightly dampened tea towel. Place in microwave for 2-3 minutes, (depending on the wattage of your microwave) to soften. If you do not have a microwave, fry quickly in a bit of oil to soften.
- 2Mix the enchilada sauce with the water.
- 3Pour a scant 1/4 cup sauce into the bottom of a greased round, 2-qt. casserole.
- 4Pour the rest of the sauce into dish deep and wide enough to dip tortillas into.
- 5Dip two tortillas in sauce and arrange in casserole; sprinkle with 1/3 of the tuna, 1/4 of the cheese, 1/3 of the onion, and a scant 1/4 cup of the sauce.
- 6Make two more layers like this and top with the last two tortillas and the remaining cheese.
- 7Pour the rest of the sauce over all and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- 8It looks pretty if you sprinkle sliced black olives over the top before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.4
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 1001.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 43.4 g