Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Although this is a low fat recipe, it is absolutely scrumptious and a real kid pleaser! Leftovers taste great microwaved. Can be made in advance and refrigerated until ready to bake.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 can flaked tuna (, water packed is best)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 green onions, thinly chopped
- 1 chopped sweet bell pepper (, green or red look best)
- 1 can low-fat cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup shredded mild cheese (, cheddar, mozzarella, etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- black pepper (about 1 tsp)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the macaroni until just tender and drain.
- Combine cooked macaroni, tuna, celery, onion and bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Heat the undiluted soup with the milk in a small saucepan.
- When it is smooth, add the cheese and keep cooking it until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the mayonnaise and the black pepper.
- Pour the saucepan contents over the macaroni mixture in the bowl and mix it up well to combine.
- Pour the whole thing into a medium sized casserole dish (about 2 quart) that has been sprayed with no-stick spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Delicious, could not stop eating it! My new go to recipe for tuna casserole!
GREAT RECIPE! I am always looking for a new healthier version of tuna casserole and this was it. I used whole wheat elbow noodles, fat free cream of mushroom soup, low fat cheddar cheese, peas and I added less mayo. Next time I am going to try with using all fat free ingredients and see how that is. I liked the creamy texture and the addition of celery. Thanks for a great recipe!
This is AWESOME! I have made it twice in the last two weeks! I made it the first time with cream of chicken soup and no celery and it was still quite good. The second time I followed the recipe exactly and it was wonderful! Thanks!