Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Hometown Favorites.
Make and share this Tuna-Egg Salad Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) canchunk tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 10 slices bread
- 5 leaves lettuce
- 5 slices tomatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups alfalfa sprouts
- In a bowl, mix together the first 7 ingredients.
- Spread mixture evenly over 5 bread slices.
- Top each tuna mixture with one lettuce leaf, one tomato slice, and 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts.
- Top sandwiches with remaining bread slices; slice diagonally and serve.
A very tasty sandwich: great balance of flavours. I scaled this down to make just three sandwiches. I used a low fat mayonnaise and added 1/4 cup of capers (approximately; didn't actually measure them) and a teaspoon of lemon juice to the ingredients in step one. I used several slices of tomato in each sandwich and a couple of generous grindings of black pepper. I used baby spinach leaves instead of the lettuce, basically because I love baby spinach leaves and use them all the time. Another wonderful sandwich that I'll be adding to those I'll make regularly in future for work. Thanks for sharing this one! Made for Revised Bargain Basement!