1/1 Photo of Tuna & Egg Salad
I was hungry for egg salad but wanted it to have a bit more omphf and some more protein to last in my gut, so I added tuna. I have both mayo and miracle whip in the recipe just in case some don't like the tang of miracle whip, so it tones it down somewhat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put eggs into a pot with cold water and bring to a boil.
- 2Once the water is boiling, continue to boil for 10 minutes.
- 3Cut up onion and drain tuna while the eggs cook.
- 4Once the eggs are done their 10 minute soak, remove from heat immediately and rinse with COLD water to stop the cooking process.
- 5Continue to rinse the eggs until you can hold them to remove the shell.
- 6Remove the shell, rinse away any shell particles and cut into chunks (or small pieces if you like a finer texture).
- 7Mix the egg, tuna, onion in a bowl with a fork.
- 8Add mayo, Miracle Whip, ground mustard, paprika, salt and pepper and mix until blended.
- 9Enjoy on bread or toast; or top a plate of mixed greens with tomatoes. You could also stuff tomatoes with the salad. A perfect summer meal when you don't want to turn on the oven!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna & Egg Salad
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.2
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 207.1 mg
- Sodium 122.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: