Recipe by BreBea
I was hungry for egg salad but wanted it to have a bit more omphf and some more protein to last in my gut, so I added tuna. I have both mayo and miracle whip in the recipe just in case some don't like the tang of miracle whip, so it tones it down somewhat.
Top Review by Rose J.
My own recipe is really close to this as well, but I've never used 8 eggs, so gonna make egg salad like I normally do and then add in the tuna along with grated onion and what I add extra is celery, finely chopped, onion finely grated mainly for the juice, some pickles sliced small and thin and some of the juice (just a tad) and then I add sweet pickle relish (just a tad) and only use real Miracle Whip and stone ground mustard (I love Grey Poupon the best), I also added orange bell peppers (cut really small), and horseradish and just a tad of minced garlic and sea salt and ground pepper.....mix it all up and put some cellaphane on top of the glass bowl it's all mixed in and let it chill in the fridge for at least 1.5 hours, then do your toast and you can add sliced sharp cheddar cheese, some spinach or awesome, healthy salad greens, and a slice of tomato to your toasted creation for a really good sandwich ;)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tuna (in water)
- 8 eggs
- 1 medium onion (or more if you're gaga over onion)
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (more or less to your liking)
- 1 tablespoon Miracle Whip (more or less to your liking)
- 1 dash yellow mustard or 1 dash Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put eggs into a pot with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, continue to boil for 10 minutes.
- Cut up onion and drain tuna while the eggs cook.
- Once the eggs are done their 10 minute soak, remove from heat immediately and rinse with COLD water to stop the cooking process.
- Continue to rinse the eggs until you can hold them to remove the shell.
- Remove the shell, rinse away any shell particles and cut into chunks (or small pieces if you like a finer texture).
- Mix the egg, tuna, onion in a bowl with a fork.
- Add mayo, Miracle Whip, ground mustard, paprika, salt and pepper and mix until blended.
- Enjoy on bread or toast; or top a plate of mixed greens with tomatoes. You could also stuff tomatoes with the salad. A perfect summer meal when you don't want to turn on the oven!