I was hungry for egg salad but wanted it to have a bit more omphf and some more protein to last in my gut, so I added tuna. I have both mayo and miracle whip in the recipe just in case some don't like the tang of miracle whip, so it tones it down somewhat.
- 1 (15 ounce) can tuna (in water)
- 8 eggs
- 1 medium onion (or more if you're gaga over onion)
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (more or less to your liking)
- 1 tablespoon Miracle Whip (more or less to your liking)
- 1 dash yellow mustard or 1 dash Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Put eggs into a pot with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, continue to boil for 10 minutes.
- Cut up onion and drain tuna while the eggs cook.
- Once the eggs are done their 10 minute soak, remove from heat immediately and rinse with COLD water to stop the cooking process.
- Continue to rinse the eggs until you can hold them to remove the shell.
- Remove the shell, rinse away any shell particles and cut into chunks (or small pieces if you like a finer texture).
- Mix the egg, tuna, onion in a bowl with a fork.
- Add mayo, Miracle Whip, ground mustard, paprika, salt and pepper and mix until blended.
- Enjoy on bread or toast; or top a plate of mixed greens with tomatoes. You could also stuff tomatoes with the salad. A perfect summer meal when you don't want to turn on the oven!