1/1 Photo of Tuna/egg/chicken Salad Dressing (all-purpose)
Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
I used to be fussy about my tuna salad dressings, since most of the time they tasted too "tinned" or "fishy." This all-purpose dressing from "Cook's Illustrated" is fabulous on all three types of sandwich fillings. Listed are the variations suggested for each filling. Recipe makes 1/4 cup (enough for one 6 ounce can tuna) but can be doubled or tripled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium bowl using a fork, stir together all the ingredients, until completely smooth.
- 2Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 4Barbecue (for chicken): Omit the lemon juice and add 1 tablespoon prepared barbecue sauce.
- 5Basil (for chicken and egg): Add 1 tablespoon minced basil and 2 tablespoons seeded, diced tomato.
- 6Buttermilk (for chicken): Substitute buttermilk for the sour cream and add 1 tablespoon minced scallions or chives; just before serving stir in 2 tablespoons fried, crumbled bacon.
- 7Chipotle (for chicken and egg): Add 1/2 to 1 -1/2 teaspoon chipotle in adobo sauce.
- 8Chutney (for chicken) Add 1 tablespoon mango chutney.
- 9Club (for chicken and egg): Add 1 tablespoon each diced avocado and seeded, diced tomato; just before serving stir in 2 tablespoon fried, crumbled bacon.
- 10Curry (for chicken) Add 1 teaspoon curry powder, pinch ground ginger, and honey to taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna/egg/chicken Salad Dressing (all-purpose)
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.6
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 110.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g