Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Children truly love these. They're perfect for a birthday party or a backyard picnic and look very festive in their firecracker-style wrappers.
- 1 (7 ounce) can canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 -12 hot dog buns
- Mix together the tuna, eggs, cheese, pickle relish, and mayonnaise.
- Open buns and scoop out some of the bread, being sure to leave enough of the bun so that it won't break.
- Butter both sides and fill with tuna mixture.
- Wrap each bun in an oblong sheet of aluminum foil, twisting the ends "firecracker" style.
- Bake in 400 degrees oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool enough for little hands to handle.