Top Review by Sandra Hyde
This is very good and very easy to make. But the recipe doesn'st specify the quantity of milk and tuna. I found that too much milk spoiled the dish. The first time I made this I used too much milk to the amount of tuna, and it ran everywhere. My suggested ratio is no more than half a cup of milk to 185 grams (about 6 ozs) of tuna. A variation you can try is to add some finely chopped onions to the butter, brown them until they are soft, then add the flour and carry on with the recipe. Just a little different in taste.
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour, stir to a smooth consistency.
- Then, slowly add milk, stirring to eliminate lumps.
- Continue adding milk, a little at a time, until the sauce thickens.
- Add the tuna.
- Heat gently over medium-low heat until it is warmed throughout.
- Ladle on top of toast.
- Salt and pepper to taste.