Recipe by taylorpc
This is one of those dishes that my mom's been making since before I was born. To me, it is ultimate comfort food! This recipe is quick and easy, and a nice change from your typical American cuisine.
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream (the low-fat variety simply won't cut it here)
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green curry powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rice (Indian basmati rice is wonderful with this dish)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in skillet on medium, and saute onions, green pepper, and garlic until onions are golden.
- Add sour cream and stir, and then stir in curry powder, tuna, and salt. Let simmer until heated through and slightly bubbling.
- Prepare rice according to package directions, adding raisins when rice has 5 minutes left to cook. This gives the raisins time to heat through and plump up a bit.
- Serve immediately, spooning tuna curry over individual portions of rice and raisins, and top with freshly ground black pepper.
- For something different (we do this occasionally and it is delicious!), substitute couscous for rice, still adding the raisins in when couscous has 5 minutes left to cook.