This is one of those dishes that my mom's been making since before I was born. To me, it is ultimate comfort food! This recipe is quick and easy, and a nice change from your typical American cuisine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream (the low-fat variety simply won't cut it here)
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green curry powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rice (Indian basmati rice is wonderful with this dish)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1Heat butter in skillet on medium, and saute onions, green pepper, and garlic until onions are golden.
- 2Add sour cream and stir, and then stir in curry powder, tuna, and salt. Let simmer until heated through and slightly bubbling.
- 3Prepare rice according to package directions, adding raisins when rice has 5 minutes left to cook. This gives the raisins time to heat through and plump up a bit.
- 4Serve immediately, spooning tuna curry over individual portions of rice and raisins, and top with freshly ground black pepper.
- 5For something different (we do this occasionally and it is delicious!), substitute couscous for rice, still adding the raisins in when couscous has 5 minutes left to cook.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Curry
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1047.5
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 97.8 mg
- Sodium 440.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 30.3 g