Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a bit different from the usual tuna mornay style dish. It's quick, easy and tasty. You can add as much as you like of the tomatoes, capsicum and curry powder. I also often add chopped green onions.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder (yellow Indian)
- 1 (425 g) canflaked canned tuna
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 3 -4 tomatoes, chopped (no need to skin)
- 1 (65 g) packetcontinental cheese and leek soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Saute onion in butter until transparent.
- Add curry powder and cook a couple of minutes.
- Add tuna along with liquid from can, the packet of soup and about three quarters of the water.
- Bring to the boil, then add the tomatoes.
- Add the remaining water.
- Lower heat and simmer about 5 minutes
- Stir in the chopped capsicum and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice and steamed vegetables of your choice. Oven fried potato wedges also go well with this.
- You may not need all the water- if it looks a bit runny add less.