Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice twist to an old favorite. Very good. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- 12 ounces canned tuna (drained)
- 1 small onion
- 1 small tomatoes
- 1 small green chili pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (adjust to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add the Tuna carefully.
- Add the curry powder, salt and mix well.
- Stir the tuna regularly until well fried (aprx. 5 min.).
- Add the tomato, chili, onion, sugar and lemon juice.
- Keep stirring the mix until the onions soften and the mix is well cooked.
- Serve with bread or rice.
Very good, but don't eat it all yourself! It only filled one bowl (without rice) when I made it, so I went ahead and made myself sick... At any rate, it was delicious, but could be a little saucier - maybe add some coconut milk?
Very good, I followed the recipe except added coconut cream not coconut milk like suggested in previous reviews. I added a little normal milk too so it wasn't to heavy. Yum turn out great just needed some pepper too. My 9 year particularly love it. If you have any left over, try eating it cold the next day as a snack on crisp breads,vita grains etc, makes a good sandwich filling too.
This was good, and it was really speedy to make. I would never have thought to use curry with canned tuna before I saw this recipe, and they're a nice combo. I'm going to try adding a little bit of coconut milk next time, as another reviewer suggested, so that there is a bit more sauce. Thanks for sharing!