1/3 Photos of Tuna Curry
from today's NY Times, this looks like a perfect weeknight dinner served over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb tuna, in 2 inch cubes
- sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 long green chilies, sliced in half and seeded
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons tamarind paste, to taste
- 1In a medium saucepan mix turmeric in 1 cup water.
- 2Add tuna, and season with salt.
- 3Place over medium-low heat, and bring to a simmer.
- 4Cook for 2 minutes, turning tuna cubes once.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Place a large sauté pan over medium heat, and add oil.
- 7When it shimmers, add garlic, ginger and mustard seeds.
- 8Cook for 2 minutes.
- 9Add tomatoes, shallots and chilies; cook for 1 minute.
- 10Add tuna, about 1/3 cup of its cooking water, coconut milk, tamarind and salt to taste.
- 11Stir to dissolve tamarind.
- 12Simmer, covered, until sauce has blended and thickened slightly, 8 to 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Curry
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.9
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 43.0 mg
- Sodium 60.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 29.2 g