Tuna Crusted With Peppers With Tangerine-Green Onion Relish And
- Red-Wine Pomegranate Reduction:.
- Place wine and port in a small saucepan and reduce to 1 cup. Whisk in pomegranate molasses and sugar and taste for sweetness (add sugar if necessary). Whisk in cold butter just before serving and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Tangerine-Green Onion Relish:.
- Combine all ingredients (tip: you can substitute canned mandarin oranges) in a medium brown and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season tuna on both sides with salt. Dust 1 side of the tuna with peppers (tip - you can substitute 3 parts sweet or smoked paprika and 1 part ground red pepper for the aleppo peppers). Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Sear the tuna, pepper side down, until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes, turn over and continue cooking for 2 minutes for medium rare doneness.
- To plate, divide the melted leeks onto 4 plates. Arrange each tuna steak on top of melted leeks (rice works well too). Place a couple of tablespoons of the tangerine-green onion relish on top of the tuna. Drizzle the entire dish with red-wine pomegranate reduction.