Recipe by PaulaG
I was gearing up from the Zaar World Tour. When looking at some Jewish cooking websites I stumbled onto an old favorite and then realized it wasn't posted here. So, here goes, feel free to adjust seasonings for your personal taste.
Top Review by allison_marie
awesomely simple recipe. i used ketchup and sriracha instead of the tomato juice, and added a lil onion powder and old bay. amazed at how well the wheat germ holds the patties together. didn't have dill. quick and easy. i made a sriracha mayo. i made four, but i could make mini patties and sit these out as an economical appetizer for guests. keeper.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans canned tuna
- 1 cup wheat germ (untoasted)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 -3 tablespoons tomato juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped or 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- black pepper, to taste
- cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients; nix well.
- Shape the mixture into 4 equal size patties.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons oil in heavy frying pan add the formed patties and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels to absorb excess oil.