Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked couscous
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 6 ounces canned tuna, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) canextra-sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil in a medium pan: stir in couscous.
- Remove pan from the heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and set aside.
- In medium bowl combine vinegar, olive oil, mustard, salt pepper, sugar and garlic powder and stir to blend.
- Add the couscous, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, raisins, tuna, and corn and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour to let the flavors blend.
My husband and I loved this. We have no AC, so on hot days it's really helpful to have recipes that involve very little heating up of anything. Made as directed, except used whole wheat couscous, red pepper instead of green, frozen corn (didn't even bother to thaw it - just threw it in), and I didn't peel my cucumber just because I never do. Thanks!!
This recipe was a big hit -- my boyfriend said he couldn't stop eating it. The preparation couldn't be easier, and it's really healthy, too. I made a couple of changes -- I left out the raisins, and I used millet instead of couscous (it has a similar texture when cooked, but millet has more nutrients). Thanks so much for sharing; I'll be making this recipe a lot this summer.