I love tuna and am always looking for new ways to fix it. This recipe uses the herb-and-garlic-flavored tuna chunks. It is from Southern Living and is credited to Sherry Little of Sherwood, AR. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package buttermilk cornbread mix (Martha White Buttermilk Cornbread Mix suggested)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (5 ounce) packages aluminum foil pouches herb and garlic flavored light chunk tuna (StarKist Tuna Creations suggested)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Stir together cornbread mix and 2/3 cup milk. Pour batter into a lightly greased 8-inch square pan.
- 3Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes or just until warm.
- 4Stir together mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 5Crumble cornbread to equal 2 cups. Reserve remaining cornbread for another use. Fold cornbread crumbs and tuna chunks into mayonnaise mixture until well blended. Shape tuna mixture into 8 patties.
- 6Melt 3 tablespoons butter with vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tuna patties, and cook in batches, 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Cornbread Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.3
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 189.9 mg
- Sodium 675.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning
herb and garlic flavored light chunk tuna