Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and handy main dish soup. I add an extra can of tuna and more clam juice.
Make and share this Tuna Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan, add celery, onion and carrots.
- Saute over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add flour and thyme, cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add corn, milk, tuna and clam juice, increase heat to medium high stirring constantly until mixture reaches a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, add salt and pepper, and gently simmer until vegetables are tender, adding more milk or clam juice if necessary.
This was really good. I made it for a quick dinner one night. I did add an extra can of tuna and I used onion powder in place of the diced onion (except at the very end I used some scallions as garnish and for extra flavor). Thanks so much Lorac for such a great recipe!!
3 kids plus hubby all loved it. The boys called it dinner candy. My 7 y/o daughter who loves salad and veggies called it salad soup. For not having any cans of Cream of Mushroom or anything like that, and no cheese or velveeta or anything, it was really easy to make and the family licked the pot clean.