Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great variation to the original Cobb salad! From Home Basics magazine. You may also use chicken if you wish. Enjoy!
- 946.36 ml torn green leaf lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 170.09 g can tuna, drained and flaked or 354.88 ml cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 118.29 ml artichoke heart (marinated or unmarinated, your choice)
- 29.58 ml chopped green onions
- 29.58 ml bacon bits
- 118.29 ml crouton (optional)
- 118.29 ml ranch dressing (or your favorite dressing)
- On two dinner plates, layer all ingredients except dressing.
- Top with dressing.
- If desired, sprinkle over croutons, and season with salt and ground black pepper.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can add or delete ingredients easily, according to your taste - no tomatoes for me! The tuna, combined with the ranch dressing made for a creamy texture - I used peppercorn-parmesan ranch and all the other ingredients except I had no avocados - I'm sure that would have made it even more yummy! I love tuna, so this is a nice "new" way to have a delicious tuna salad lunch.
This made a wonderful dinner tonight with a cup of creamy soup. I cooked a couple of strips of bacon until crisp and crumbled over the salad. The dressing was a balsamic vinaigrette. This not only tastes good it is very attractive to serve. A keeper for sure.
This combination of ingredients just had to be 5 stars for us. I used real bacon, red onion (too far to go to a shop for green) and I made my own dressing ( Station (Not Ranch ;-) )dressing ) for it.