Recipe by Sharon123
A great variation to the original Cobb salad! From Home Basics magazine. You may also use chicken if you wish. Enjoy!
Top Review by LorenLou
The great thing about this recipe is that you can add or delete ingredients easily, according to your taste - no tomatoes for me! The tuna, combined with the ranch dressing made for a creamy texture - I used peppercorn-parmesan ranch and all the other ingredients except I had no avocados - I'm sure that would have made it even more yummy! I love tuna, so this is a nice "new" way to have a delicious tuna salad lunch.
- 4 cups torn green leaf lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked or 1 1⁄2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart (marinated or unmarinated, your choice)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1⁄2 cup crouton (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing (or your favorite dressing)