Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my (David Kirsch) version of cobb salad for all of you that don't eat turkey or are just in the mood to tweak an old standby.
- 2 cups mesclun
- to taste salt and pepper
- 4 ounces tuna steaks
- 1 strip turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped (es)
- 2 asparagus, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg, white(s) hard boiled coarsely chopped
- In a large Salad bowl, arrange mesclun salad, asparagus, tomatoes, egg & bacon.
- Season tuna steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick skillet with nonfat vegetable oil spray on medium high heat. Place tuna in skillet and sear 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove tuna from pan and place on salad.
- Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar.