Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tuna soups are a new idea to me, but this one is really good! And it is easy to prepare also. I am not sure of the source of this recipe; I got it from a neighbor.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Saute the celery, onion, and potato until the potato is tender.
- Into skillet, whisk flour and cook a minute. Add milk and blend inches Cook 5 minutes until milk thickens.
- Add the drained tuna, cheese, and seasonings. Heat over medium-low heat 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish bowls of soup with chopped parsley.