Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple and tasty recipe to prepare. As being a single working mom with two teenage kids, I find this meal to never leave any leftovers.
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (about 6 oz.)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Mix tuna, olives, celery, green pepper, onion and 1/4 cup of the soup.
- Mix baking mix and 1/2 cup cold water until soft dough forms: beat vigorously 20 strokes.
- Gently smooth dough into ball on floured cloth-covered board.
- Knead 5 times.
- Roll dough into rectangle, 14 x 11"; place on cookie sheet.
- Spoon tuna mixture lengthwise down center of rectangle; sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Make cuts, 2 1/2" long, at 1" intervals on 14" sides of rectangle.
- Fold strips over filling.
- Mix egg and 1 tbsp water; brush over dough.
- Bake until light brown- 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix remaining soup, remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the milk over medium heat, stirring occasionally until hot.
- Serve over slices of twist.
I worked for General Mills for over 35 years. I found this recipe in one of their Bisquick cookbooks years ago, and have making it ever since. My husband and I love it, and my Catholic Mother thought it was a great choice during the lentin season. In fact, we're having it for dinner tonight....Fall is here!!!!
I hated Mom's other Lenten recipes, but I loved this one. Thanks for posting it, Linda Lou! My husband liked it; he had no idea there were religious ramifications.
THANK YOU LINDA LOU 11! I have been looking for this recipe for years, since I lost it. Seems like I first found it on a bisquick box, but even the bisquick site didnt have it. I also had teenagers in the home when I first started making it and we all loved it. Thank you so much for submitting it. Patsy5