Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from More Lean and Luscious. Leftovers of this pie freeze nicely and can be reheated in a toater oven or microwave for a quick, delicious lunch. We love it so much we make two and freeze one.
- 8 ounces tuna in water, drained
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄3 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon minced onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Arrange flaked tuna evenly in a 9 inch pie pan that has been sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray.
- In a blender, combine half of the parmesan with remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture over tuna.
- Top with remaining parmesan. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes, until set and lightly browned.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Sorry I really didn't enjoy this. I won't be making it again... It wasn't bad to where I didn't eat it, but I didn't like it.
This was yummy! I used 1 chicken stock cube instead of the bouillon powder because I didn't have any. I think next time I make it I will mix the tuna into the cheese mixture, just to make it more like a quiche. I only cut it into 4 serves. It also took about 15 minutes longer to cook but that is probably my oven!