What can be easier than a tuna melt? I think the lemon pepper adds a little bite to these. Sometimes I change them up and make them on English muffins. From Pillsbury Salads, Sandwiches, and Soups.
- In small bowl, combine tuna, celery, onion, salad dressing and lemon pepper; mix well.
- Spread about 1/4 cup tuna mixture on each slice of toast.
- Place on broiler pan or ungreased cookie sheet.
- Broil 4-6-inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or until tuna mixture is hot.
- Top each with cheese slice.
- Broil an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Yum! Simple, but one of the best tuna melts I've eaten. Only changes I made were to use Hellman's mayo and to use the tuna mixture for three open faced sandwiches rather than four. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Absolutely fabulous! :) made as listed except used lowfat cheese and mrs dash for the seasoning. So yummy and great for a quick protein boost! Thx for sharing.
Another yummy recipe from lazyme! I followed the recipe exactly, using red onion. My son and I really enjoyed this for dinner tonight. Super quick and very tasty, this is a winner! Thanks lazyme! :)