Recipe by cookiedog
Potato chips provide a crunchy coating for this creamy tuna sandwich. Recipe courtesy Marilyn Belschner from the "Best of the Bake-off cookbook."
Top Review by Beansy
We really enjoyed this recipe. It was easy to do. I used eight Grands biscuits and it turned out perfect. Will definitely do this again with salmon. Many ways to do this but the tuna was great. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained, flaked
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup sliced ripe olives or 1⁄3 cup green olives, drained
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄3 cup salad dressing
- 2 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese (1/2 cup) or 2 ounces cheddar cheese (1/2 cup)
- 1 (12 ounce) can ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits (use the "Grands" type)
- 1 eggs, beaten or 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine tuna, lemon pepper seasoning, olives, mayonnaise and cheese.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- Press or roll out each to 5 inch circle.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup tuna mixture onto center of each circle.
- Fold dough in half over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- Brush both sides of each sandwich with egg.
- Press both sides in chips.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- With sharp knife, make two or three 1/2-inch slits in top of each sandwich.
- Bake at 375 for 18 to 24 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Tip: To reheat, wrap loosely in foil; heat at 350F for 10 to 15 minutes or until warm.