Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is really good! From my friend, Amy.
- 2 (340.19 g) can solid white tuna, drained
- 118.29 ml green pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 709.77 ml cooked rice
- 59.14 ml diced pimento, drained
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 425.24 g can asparagus spears, drained
- 236.59 ml grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine tuna, rice, pepper, onion, pimientos, soup and mayo.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 2 quart casserole dish.
- Lay asparagus spears across the entire top of the casserole.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Really liked this recipe! My rice absorbed a lot of the liquid, and I let it stand before cutting, so it was more of a slice than a casserole. I used cheddar cheese out of preference, and we don't easily get pimentos in Australia so I left them out. Add some tabasco. Will make this again as a different way of serving what my mum always called "tuna and rice".
Sorry no picture of this wonderful recipe at this time, it was eaten before I could even get the camera out. I promise I will be making this again, and will break the arm of the first person who touches it before I get the picture. This is really delicious and who would have ever thought to use rice in a Tuna casserole? I am so very glad I tried this and Thank You so much for sharing it.